Five reasons why CJI is Under Probe of Impeachment
1. The first accusation concerning bribery scandal linking Lucknow-based Prasad Education Trust, that ran a medical college. It was an act of misconduct on part of the CJI , the notice says, to rejected consent to prosecute Allahabad HC judge Narayan Shukla. The Allahabad judge was supposed to have been bribed to carry a favourable judgement to PET, which the union government had banned from admitting students.
2. The second charge is that the CJI treatise managerially and wisely with a writ appeal in which he too was probable to fall inside the scope of investigation. The notice lists the November 9 occurrence when Justice Chelameswar was told by the CJI not to hear a topic because it was with a different bench. This was a appeal linked to the CBI study into PET.
3. The third allege is that the note by which Chelameswar was educated of the case allotment was antedated.
4. The fourth charge is that the Chief Justice acquires land when he was a supporter by giving a false affidavit. The Chief Justice surrendered the land only in 2012 after he was prominent to the Supreme Court although the allotment being cancelled years previously, the notice says.
5. The fifth charge relates to the abuse of exercise of power by the Chief Justice t o decide sending responsive matters to exacting benches by misusing his power as Master of the Roster with the probable aim to control the outcome.
The Chairman did not want the affair to hang on as it concerned the esteem and decorum of the CJI office. He cut short his visit and came back to Delhi on Sunday to give a rapid resolution, told a Rajya Sabha officer.
The Rajya Sabha Chairman had discussed with Attorney said General K.K. Venugopal, and had also spoke to retired Supreme Court judge Sudarshan Reddy, the past Secretary-General of the Lok Sabha Subhash Kashyap, the past Law Secretary P.K. Malhotra, the past Legislative Secretary of the Rajya Sabha Sanjay Singh and senior officials of the Rajya Sabha Secretariat on the impeachment notice of the Opposition.
The Congress is expected to respond after considering the official order. When asked what the Congress would do if the Rajya Sabha Chairman discards their notice, Kapil Sibal on Friday had said, We will let you identify then. There are many ways in the Constitution.
Informers had established to The Hindu that challenging the Chairman order is an alternative offered to the party. And as the Chairman order pertains to the CJI, it is expected to be heard by judges who are subsequent in line in terms of superiority and know-how if challenged in the top court.